Age of Yore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Version 180 Uploaded - What's in it?

Go down

Version 180 Uploaded - What's in it? Empty Version 180 Uploaded - What's in it?

Post by kevglass Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:35 am

I pushed v180 up to the main site yesterday and so far no error reports! Smile It's been a long slog to get this version done since it contains so many fundamental things. The game is still very much alpha - just a thing to play around in at the moment, but here's some of the things that got added:

Ranged Combat - this includes arrows and magic. Wizards and Archers now make sense to play. Magic points and arrows get used up with the later being recoverable from the dead bodies.
Item Effects - Equipping weaponry, armour and items now contributes to the combat. Hitting someone with your hands isn't as good as hitting them with a sword.
Item Constraints - The game now checks whether your character is the right class and the right level to be using items. Nothing has a restriction outside of class at the moment.
Class Specific Statistic - Added the concept of Rage (for Warriors) and Focus (for Archers) in to the game. These will give you specials skills as you progress
Level Up - You can now gain experience and levels by killing monsters and exploring.
Automagic Translations - Following on from my translations work I've made the process automatically translate strings as I go along development. Google translate right now, so not exactly perfect!
Quick Slots - It's so important for the speed of play to have quick access to weapon switches and potions. You can now have 3 slots on the main screen with specific items in.
It's taken a few days to get all this stuff in and ship shape for release but it should all now be live on the main site. I've still got a stack of fundamental stuff to do before I can start building out the game world but progress feels good right now.

Finally I also made my game development plan public over on trello so you can see what I'm working on at any given moment:

https://trello.com/b/Rx0WuQqh

Hope this is of some interest to you guys, please let me know on twitter what you want to hear about.
kevglass
kevglass
Admin

https://ageofyore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum